1 pound round steak, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 4 tablespoons white sugar, 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 2 green onions, chopped, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Preparation Time – 5 minutes. Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, and onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cut steak into strips and add to bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 30 minutes.
- Cook in wok or frying pan until brown, about 5 minutes. Add sesame seeds and cook for additional 2 minutes.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 6 slices Swiss cheese, 6 slices ham, 3 tablespoons plain flour, 1 teaspoon paprika, 6 tablespoons butter, ½ cup dry white wine, 1 teaspoon chicken gravy granules, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Preparation time – 15 minutes. Cooking time – 45 minutes
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within ½ inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and gravy. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse
1 (10oz) package frozen raspberries, thawed, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, 1 and 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, 6 oz white chocolate, chopped, 1 drop red food colouring
Preparation Time – 15 minutes. Cooking time – 10 minutes.
- Process berries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain mixture into a small bowl, and discard seeds. Add the sugar and liqueur, and stir until sugar dissolves. Makes 1 cup of sauce.
- In a heavy saucepan on low heat, warm 1/4 cup of the cream and the white chocolate, stirring constantly until chocolate melts. Let mixture cool until it is lukewarm. Stir in 1 tablespoon of raspberry sauce, and the food coloring. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whip remaining 1 1/2 cup cream to soft peaks. Fold into melted chocolate mixture, one-third at a time, until no streaks remain.
- Layer into parfait dishes, and serve with the sauce. May also be used to fill or ice a cake.