4 large baking potatoes, 8 slices bacon, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, 4 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, 8 green onions, sliced.
Preparation time – 15 minutes. Cooking time – 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.