TWO beggars have died in Almeria city after consuming alcohol laced with a chemical agent designed to kill algae.
The pair were hospitalised last Sunday after being found in Plaza San Sebastian complaining of severe abdominal pains.
And a third homeless man remains in critical condition after pedestrians called an ambulance.
The first victim suffered a heart attack before reaching the hospital while the second died two days later.
Investigators say that all three had mixed the contents of a box of pills they had found into their drinks.