CHICKEN BREASTS are a great option for an easy, quick and healthy midweek supper and this creamy sauce has a fabulous citrusy kick. Serve with a green salad and boiled new potatoes.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
50g salted butter, at room temperature
4 skinless chicken breasts
10g fresh sage, finely chopped
4 tbsp hot chicken stock
100g reduced-fat mascarpone cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 190ºC/gas mark 6.
2. Put the butter into a small bowl with the grated zest of one of the limes and mix until combined. Set aside.
3. Using a sharp knife, score each chicken breast with three or four deep diagonal cuts. Transfer the chicken to a flameproof roasting tray and dot with the lime butter. Squeeze the juice from both limes and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle over the sage and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Transfer the cooked chicken on to warm serving plates and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
5. Place the roasting tray in which you cooked the chicken over a medium heat and pour in a tablespoon of the chicken stock. Scrape the bottom of the tray to remove any brown bits and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and stir in the mascarpone cheese. Add the remaining stock to loosen the sauce, stir all together and check the seasoning. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts to serve.