Camping is more popular than ever, with more and more people choosing a ‘staycation’ holiday. With the right camping equipment, you can holiday at a low cost with friends and family for years to come. If you are new to camping, this guide will give you a basic knowledge to prepare you for your first trip.
What to pack for camping
Tent – When choosing your tent, it’s best to take into consideration:
- How many people are camping (4 people will be comfortable in a 6 berth tent etc)
- How much kit are you taking
- How many bedrooms do you need
Sleeping bags – for a comfortable sleep.
Cool Bag – to keep food chilled.
Outdoor Stove – ideal for making that all-important cup of tea and toast first thing in the morning!
There are a few things worth remembering before you take your first trip away in your new tent.
- Check your gear – It’s worth checking all the gear you buy to make sure it’s ready for use when you get to the campsite.
- Pitch your tent – Pitching your tent at home or on a local field will give you an idea of any faults that need addressing, it will also give you valuable practice at pitching.
- Make a list – Whether it be tent poles or something as simple as a tin opener, making a list of all the gear you plan to take gives you something to check off as you pack your bag or car.Check the rules
- Check the rules – Whether your going to a campsite, a festival or wild camping, do make sure you check any relevant rules to your stay to make sure all your kit is compliant.